New sync gap

I finished my new sync rotary gap yesterday.  It is a 3600 rpm sync motor,
rotor and contacts purchased from Bill Wysock.  I used nylon mounting blocks
and solid copper stationary contact holders that my brother in law machined
for me.  It will fire through 4 gaps each time it fires.  This gap turned out
great.  Looks very nice.  I will post pictures on my web page in a couple of
days.

For others running big, solid gap set ups like this - what dimensions do you
set your gaps at?  I have tentatively set mine for .015".  I don't see any
wobble or runout in the rotor or motor shaft.  Everything looks solid.  I am
concerned that heating or maybe motor torque will move things and the
contacts might hit.  This would be a serious problem and cause much damage.
I will try this new sync gap first with my small 3.0" coil.  It presently
uses a static gap of 5 gaps set to about .028" each or a total of .014".
Does this tell me that I can open these new gaps up to maybe .025" each? - or
is it better to run them as close as possible?

Thanks, new at sync gaps, Ed Sonderman