Re: Number of flats for RSG

> Is it safe to assume that the # of flats on the rotor is the quotient of
> 7200 and the motors synchronous RPMs? (3600 RPM = 2 flats,
> 1800 RPM = 4 flats, 1200 RPM = 6 flats, ect.)
>
> David Rieben

Yes,  that's for 60Hz operation.  The number of flats (or poles of an
induction motor) can be represented by N where:

N = 120 x F / RPM

Where F is the supply frequency (50Hz or 60Hz,) and RPM is the synchronous
motor Revolutions per minute.  I think a 1200 RPM 6 pole machine is quite
unusual.
							Cheers,

							-Richie,