Re: Colorado springs

Hi,

At 11:55 PM 11/21/2000 -0600, you wrote:

> I just got back from visiting Colorado springs. I asked many people where the
> museum was, unfortunatly it is closed down.

I just missed closing time once but never saw the museum either ;-(

> I then proceeded to look for tesla's lab. Finaly i found a local to the town
> who new some things. Many years ago a housing subdivision was being built.
> The contractor found some of the remains of the barn where tesla did his
> work. Now there sits a house on it, I suppose that the residents of this
> house have no idea of the soil beneath its foundation.

The lab was at the intersection of Kiowa of Forte streets (sp?).  The present
residents know about the lab and I hear they do not appreciate odd folks
looking for tesla lab on their front lawn ;-)  They are also related to a
famous baseball player...

> I was told that what attracted Tesla to Colorado springs was that Pikes peak,
> which sits just to the north, northwest of the site has some quite unusual
> magnetic anamolies about it. The Airforce Academy sits to the north of the
> town and pilots talk about the fact that if you fly an aircraft over it your
> compass swings as much as 17 degrees. I was also told that Tesla was
> interested in the lightning storms there .

"I" have not heard of this.

> Any way i felt that the city of Colorado springs really has dropped the ball
> in recognizing, Mr.Tesla. As well as allowing the site to have a house built
> on top of it. If anyone who reads this plans to go to Colorado springs, you
> will run into dead ends everywhere. Seems that after he died the government
> really went to work to hide everything in that town, that is with the
> exception of course, the writings and notes.

"I" think the 80's attracted some folks that took a big interest in it all but
they just could not keep it going.  ITS (the people that ran the museum) tried
their best but the interest just was not there.  Colorado springs is a busy
town and they have a lot of other history that seems to have overwhelmed the
work of Tesla their local eyes...

Cheers,

        Terry