Re: Excel set-up for E-Tesla6.11 field plotting

Hi Justin,

At 01:07 AM 11/22/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone...
>
>I just downloaded Etesla6.11 for the first time after Terry posted a "latest
>version up" post to the list.
>
>I am truly *amazed* at how cool a program this is. Awesome that it's online
>so everyone can use it.

Thanks a lot!  It seems like I have spent my whole life working on it ;-))
I never would have dreamed two years ago it would have gone this far...

>The program runs great, gives me Fr and everything else, and also generates
>the .xls files. I opened these files with Excel, and now I have a jillion
>cells full of a jillion numbers. Thats my only problem.....
>
>Can someone, very quickly, tell me how to set up Excel 2000 to turn these
>numbers into a useable graphic image? Like the field plots for Terry's coil
>at:
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/V-S.gif
>
>I thought of sending this mail directly to Terry, but others might have the
>same problem so I didn't.

I used MathCad 6.0 to make those pictures.  I have Excel97 which does ok
too.  I can't just click on the files and have them import right.  I have
to open Excel97 and then open the file to get to the "Import Wizard".  I
then select "Delimited-Next-Space-Finish" to get all the numbers nicely in
a sheet.  I then select the whole mess.  "Insert-Chart-Surface-Finish".  I
then expand the chart to full screen and go from there.  I usually change
the scale to get lots of colors and get rid of the legend.  From there, you
can grab corners and move the thing which is pretty cool.  I posted the one
I have here to:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Temp/Image1.gif

Lost a little color and resolution in the translation, but you get the
idea...  Hope that gets you started.  Plotting such data is sort of an art
form unto itself...

>Very cool program. Surely a *lot* more accurate than just Ctop+Cself ; )

You betcha!!

Cheers,

	Terry