Warning Desasterous MMC failures, Rotton caps from Mouser.

I purchased some 2kv polypropelene .033 uF caps for an MMC of three strings of
15 caps for a total cost for the caps of $85 and they stink to high heaven!!
The caps were substituted by rolled tube type caps of equivalent properties but
these caps differ greatly from the usual caps in that the shell is a white
gladwrap thin plastic that allows arching between the caps unless the caps are
separated by some sort of insulation.

When I plugged in the MMC, a cap blows every three seconds a cap would blow,
Now I no longer have enough caps to repair the MMC and I would have to order a
minimum of 50 more caps from Mouser.

I want to warn people not to use tube type caps unless you isolate each and
every cap from the accompanying bleeder resisters and caps next to them.

I am unwilling to waste any more money on trying to make this tesla coil work
for a reasonably good run. I have a cap Terry Fritz sent and it works fine
except it does get hot fast.

This final last frustrating and discouraging loss and disgusting failure of a
cap marks the end of my hobby as a tesla coiler.

I request removal from the tesla list effective December 1st.

Thanks for all the good advice, but I have had quite enough torture trying to
get something that lasts and I have to call and end to this spending money like
I was bill gates only to get such rotton results.

Thanks especially to Terry Fritz. Happy coiling and may you walk in the light.