Tube coils

Ive been thinking about my next coil....

Thought of getting NSTs and this and that...then thought, why not try
a tube coil. However...I am a bit perplexed. I have found some scematics
and things, but very little good information (for an added bonus I can't
check the list archives here - the website is down it seems)

I noticed a couple of things...

It looks like a fairly simple tube based occilator. I havn't had time to
really to a close hard look at them (its been a few years since i really
read any scematics) but they are efinitly more complicated than the
simple tesla coild tank curcuit.

So I have a couple of questions....

1) What is a "grid coil"?
2) Are both the "grid coil" and "primary" coupled with the secondary?
3) Does anyone know of a good source for vacuume tubes (the MIT flea
marker doesn't open again ttill april or I would look there) either
online or local to boston? (Going to check the store down the street
that buys old sound equipment...they have tube amps in there often)

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

-Steve