Re: Inquiry

> > Original poster: "Zhao" <info-at-chinandt-dot-com>

> > I'm new to the list. Most friends suggestion I put
> > my question on it for answering.
> > A]Why we don't use flyback transformer other than
> > Tesla coil to produce HV?

	Could be done.  It would take experimentation, tho.
	And using the common TV Flyback is more or less pointless,
	as noted, as the power capabilities are two limited.

	On The Other Hand, modern switching power supplies
	routinely operate to 20 KHz (and above...) so, with a lot
	of development, might be possible to get someplace
	interesting.

>>It seems to has more efficient as the front  (core?)
>> is made of ferric (ferrite?) coild.

	On a historical note, Tesla started with 'iron' cores, went to
	wires, then (with the materials available then) went to
	air core...

	best
	dwp