Re: Science fair help...

Hi Michael

I don't know if I could help you but I have an idea; measure the light output (
foot-candle ) with a light meter ( use in photography ) of a 4 foot
fluorescent at
4 inch in the normal condition ( inside a fixture ) if you have maybe 250
foot-candle for a 40 watts fluorescent in normal condition and you get 125
foot-candle from your fluorescent when you are at maybe 2 feet of your working
coil you have 20 watt ( simple rule of 3 ).

Hope I could help

Luc Benard