Re: Toroid Material

All,

I agree with Weazle that stainless flex is a terrific option for toploads over
the aluminum flex duct!  I obtained a 20 foot contiguous length of 16 inch
stainless steel 'chimney liner' flex duct from the factory that made it a few
years ago for a good price and built a new topload about 80 inches in OD out of
it, but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. I had a heckuva time getting
this huge 'snake' home on the roof of my Safari minivan with the wind and all.
It was much harder to shape than the 16" aluminum flex I did my last similar
sized topload out of, but it is noticeably more dent resistant.  Trouble is a
20 foot length of this larger stuff costs about $2000.00 if you have to go buy
it.  I plan to stack this stainless 16" x 80" above the 16" x 72" on my Big Mo'
coil next time out for increased topload capacity.  Fres will drop to about 30
KHz.  Should be fun.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility