Re: UPS powered coil?

HI All,
	Maybe One could drive a HV dc supply from one of these UPS's?. I was
thinking of a high power Cockroft Walton multiplier or something.
Probably going to be expensive unless one had access to some cheap HV
diodes. It would present a better load to the UPS though,and the filter
caps would cut down the RF hash down the wires. You would still have the
radiated RF to deal with. Wrap it in chicken wire and ground it? I have
two 1 kw UPS's laying around and have often thought of doing something
like this but have chickened out for the reasons Mike pointed out. Most
UPS's seem to die without the help of a Tesla coil on the end. I have
read somewhere about cleaning up the waveform with caps but can't
remember the details.
cheers
bob golding