Re: UPS powered coil?

Terry
    are you talking about plugging the coil into it and using that that as a
"battery" for short bursts?
-Alan

In a message dated 11/14/00 7:44:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

 Hi All,

    As part of my home web server project and at the strong recommendation of
 several people, I got one of those 500VA APC uninterruptable power supply
 boxes to run my server, DSL, and Eithernet hub boxes.  They all said it
 would stop a ton of odd problems with 24/7 systems...  But I thought of an
 additional problem for it ;-)))

 Now, I really can't help being tempted to run a truly go anywhere coil with
 the little UPS box (like my small LTR coil).  I guess it has protection out
 the wazzu, but if anyone knows of a reason it may blowup with a coil
 connected to it I would like to know... ;-)))  It has step simulated AC
 output which should do OK with a variac and a "little line noise".  I worry
 about PFC correction (over correction) caps and such.  At $130 buck a pop,
 I would hate to fry it but the temptation is overwhelming to give it a try
 and see what happens ;-)))

 Cheers

    Terry - Always on the bleeding edge ;-)) >>