UPS powered coil?

Hi All,

	As part of my home web server project and at the strong recommendation of
several people, I got one of those 500VA APC uninterruptable power supply
boxes to run my server, DSL, and Eithernet hub boxes.  They all said it
would stop a ton of odd problems with 24/7 systems...  But I thought of an
additional problem for it ;-)))

Now, I really can't help being tempted to run a truly go anywhere coil with
the little UPS box (like my small LTR coil).  I guess it has protection out
the wazzu, but if anyone knows of a reason it may blowup with a coil
connected to it I would like to know... ;-)))  It has step simulated AC
output which should do OK with a variac and a "little line noise".  I worry
about PFC correction (over correction) caps and such.  At $130 buck a pop,
I would hate to fry it but the temptation is overwhelming to give it a try
and see what happens ;-)))

Cheers

	Terry - Always on the bleeding edge ;-))