PFC Question

    Got a quick question. I have never used a PFC in my system, but with the
amount of transformers and capacitance that I now have availble I'm gonna need
one.
    I have a Maxwell 500uF at 1,500V cap but I am wondering the exact way to
hook it up and its placement in the system. I am assuming that the cap is
placed in between the hot and neutral of the AC line, but should it be placed
before or after the Variac? I would think that between the Variac and
transformers would be the best placement and would cut down on stress to the
variac itself (I will be running it at its maximum capacity).
    If someone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated, it is
the only thing holding me up in the construction of my new power cabinet.

        Thanks All,
                            Jason Zuberer