Re: B00ya! NSTs?

Mike
    I disagree with Al in saying that you need more and bigger trannyrs and
bigger and better everything. Sure those things will help get a bigger spark,
but what you need to do now is to work on making your system more efficient
and tuned properly. In my opinion, the only thing you should upgrade in your
system right now are the capacitors and jump on the MMC bandwagon. Those caps
last a long time, are small, light, very efficient, and a good bang for the
buck. Once you have a new cap, I'm sure you'll see the sparks fly even
longer/hotter than before, but before you get new caps, tuning you system and
working out kinks will definately give you bigger sparks. Two years ago when
i had first light, i got a good 40" spark using my 15/90 nst setup. i messed
around with the sytem a bit and finally got the 48" spark before saying MORE
POWER!... that was a fatal mistake because when i upgraded and added more
power (15/180 bank of nsts), I started blowing caps, and then blowing more
caps, and then frying a secondary. That was when I learned that more power
isn't always the best.

good luck

-Alan

In a message dated 11/12/00 11:17:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,