From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: 09 November 2000 18:36
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Bleeder resisters

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Neil:
Based on what I picked up from Terry, the bleeder resistors are designed to
allow the MMC to drain its charge so by the time you get to it, the cap
won't zap you.
Each one of the 100 - .047 mF 1600 Seacor caps in mine have a 10 Mohm, 1/2W
carbon film resistor across them. Those resistors came from radioshack-dot-com
(on-line) and sell for 1 cent each in lots of 100.

A backview photo of the MMC can be seen at
http://www.flash-dot-net/~ford29/tesla/mmc01.jpg

Hope I've helped.

Ted

Subject: Bleeder resisters

Original poster: "Neil Chambers" <Neil_Chambers-at-paragon-it-dot-com>

Hi

How do I decide what value resisters to use as bleeder resisters for my
proposed MMC?

Thanks

Neil