RE: solvents?

Use caution, though. Dichloromethane is a suspected carcinogen in humans,
but it is not flamible. And at $20/gal not the cheapest solvent. Use a
fume hood or organic vapor respirator. It is a fantastic non-polar
solvent, but may just strip the enamal off the wire, so you may want to
test it first.

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com