Re:(was) Pringles pot as form for small secondary

Hey everyone

    wouldn't a cardboard mailing tube work well, if not better? My dad brings
home 10 or so a year from where he works, as they have so many they give them
away, and they look almost the same diameter, whcich is 2 1/2 ' i belive, as
a prigles can. They also have a thick wall, so u dont have to worry about
warping all that much. As a matter of fact, i'm sure takin a trip to your
local post office this weekend and seeing if they hvae any lying around would
be a good idea. hopefully they'll give you a couple for a buck if not free.
Im pretty sure they even come with end caps, making it a lot easier for the
beginner. I was planning on winding my first coil on one of these tubes, but
instead went with 3 1/2' pvc, so i cant guarentee any results, but I'm sure
someone else has tried it before:)

good luck

        --eric--