Ballasting Homemade Pig

  I have finally finished my home made pig, but now I have to build a ballast
to be able to use it(I also have to build some safety gaps). I would like to
try winding twenty or thirty turns of heavy gauge wire around a neon sign
transformer core (naked cores without primary or secondary). I have three of
these core available to put in series.Does anyone think this approach will
work?
  I also have available some very large power resistors rated at 225 watts each
at 10ohms.

                              Frankenstein's Helper
                                        Max