From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 6:02 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Mega-Sized Secondaries

Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

Hi John,

	Paul's program is running on my other Linux computer right now!  Perhaps
the heavy computing is better suited to the pure science types than the
average TC builder at the moment :-)))

As far as the currents go.  "I" would say it is roughly proportional to the
ratio of self capacitance and top load capacitance compared to total
capacitance.  Of course, Paul's program may change that rule, but for 'this
moment' that's what I go by...

My lumped models predict for my big coil:

Cself 15.7pF
Ctop 28.5pF
Ibase 320mA
Iself = 103mA
Itop 190mA
Istreamer 27mA

Cself + Ctop = 44.2pF

15.7 / 44.2 x 320 = 114 mA  (close to Iself)
28.5 / 44.2 x 320 = 206 mA  (close to Itop)

If I could rationally account for the streamer current, these numbers would
be closer.  But we'll wait awhile until The TSSP project and all the number
crunching confirm such lumped predictions before getting too carried away,
but I bet they will still be close...

Cheers,

	Terry