[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cap identification help needed

Hi all,
   I came across some interesting caps today that I could use some help in
identifying.  There are at least 4 or 5 of the ones that I could get numbers
on and a bunch more that I didn't see numbers for, but looked almost
identical.
    Anyway, there were a number of large caps that the lady informed me were
ideal for coiling.  I looked at some and didn't see any markings whatsoever,
but there were four or five that did have some info.  They are Sprague brand
and had the following on them:
        25-E2-3-400-100P31 and CZ20127-1 and finally, H661.
      These do appear to be high voltage caps(big insulators on the terminals
etc), but the properties are of course suspect until they are properly
identified.
    If they do turn out to be good for coiling, I will do as Terry does for
the MMC purchases and see about getting these caps out to those who will put
them to good use.  It sure is sad to see them all just sitting on shelves.  I
might even have to get one for myself :o)
Mike