[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT's

In a message dated 5/27/00 9:46:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 Hi nick,
 A few people on the list have used  MOT's for TC's,I have not used them but
 I do know they must be current limited.a good way to do this is to take one
 MOT and short the secondary winding and then connect the primary winding in
 series with the output of you main MOT's.Also if you are using a single
 static gap i.e. 2 bolts or the like you should
 add a high flow fan to blow across the gap to help quenching.
 Hope this has helped some!

 Kevin dalpe

 BTW: be VERY careful with those MOT's there very deadly!!!

Kevin,

I am sure you ment to say, connect the spare MOT in series with the primary
of the MOT power supply, to limit the primary current.

Ed Sonderman