[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

some ?'s about a odd TC setup

  Hello Everyone,

 I have a few questions about my current "practice coil",mainly questions
about my layout.
 My coil uses a 555 circuit to drive a ignition coil,the coil output is
connected to a bank of 25 1N4007 rectifiers.The spark gap is two caridge
bolts spaced at about .125"and the tank cap is a MMC type cap(1 strings of
10 -at- .056uf/cap).The secondary resonator is 14" long 3" Dia. and wound with
22Awg wire,there is no topload.The primary resonator is 5 turns of 9Awg wire
spaced a 3/8" appart in a helix config.
 Now here is the part that I have questions about.I had no where to put a
ground so I had very poor arcs(1/4" and problems with the sec. arcing to the
pri.)So I tried connecting another resonator to the bottom of the sec.
resonator(16" long/1.5" Dia. w/22Awg wire)This improved the arc output to
about a inch.
I then decided to place a coffee can on top of the second resonator and this
made the arcs about 1 1/2" long.
 My first question is: why does doing this increase the arc length,my second
question is could this be considered a"uneven vertical bipolar coil"(that is
realy out of tune)

TIA,
Kevin Dalpe