From: Tesla List
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 09:24
Subject: Optimal toroid elevation

Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>

Hello all.

Can anybody please give me some hints about how much should be the distance
between the top of the secondary coil and the middle point of the toroid
for the
Thor coil?

The Thor secondary is 70" tall, winding is 59" long (about 4" left between top
turn and top of the secondary form).

The toroid is 59" outer diameter, the aluminium duct used is 7.9" diameter.

I thought to rise the toroid about 15" - 20 " over the secondary top: any
comments about that?

Should I use also an anti-corona smaller toroid near to the last top secondary
turn?

Regards