[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UK Teslathon - Final, Final reminder

Greetings,

Your posting has been automatically rejected.  If you are a
subscriber to the list, it is likely that you sent from a machine
that is not in the subscription list.

To subscribe to the list, mail the word
subscribe
to tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com.  Leave the subject blank.  If your mailer
won't allow you to leave the subject blank, use the word
subscribe as the subject.

If you have tried subscribing and have been unsuccessful,
mail to me (chip-at-pupman-dot-com).

Chip
Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>

Hi Alan,
            I would say the field's wide open on this category award:

> Original Poster: "Alan Sharp" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>
>
> Greetings all,
>
> This is the final, final reminder about the  2000 UK Teslathon here in
> Corby, Northamptonshire, on Saturday 27th May, 2000.
>
> Once again we will have coils, and sparks. Last year we had at least
> 8 coils and lots of long arcs. This year quite a few people have been
> buying pole pigs....
>
> Alas we will not have the New Music Ensemble of Zagreb performing
> the opera  "Nikola Tesla" It would have been a major effort to raise
> the funds to support this.
>
> I mistakenly, refered to the Tesla Oscars - I do of course mean - the
> Nickoli's - I spent a lot of time purchasing and creating these priceless,
> prizes. Unfortunately they were stolen in transit and went missing for
> quite some time
> but were recovered today
> from a rubbish skip by an impecunious coiler dredging for a used NST. They
> have now been restored to their full glory and will be treasured forever by
> those
> who receive them :)
>
> The awards are for:

<snip>
> The most inefficent design

       How do you judge after the secondary sparks have gone to
zero? Most flames in the primary? Quickest ignition of the
secondary coilform? Largest primary piping that melted? Does this
include the "Molten Gap Award"? Quickest pole pig demise?

Regards,
Malcolm
<tongue in cheek of course>