[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Fast Version E-Tesla5.2

Hi All,

	Finn's brother John Damm Soerensen figured out how to make E-Tesla5 run
2.5 times faster!!  He defined the array index variables as integers
instead of my floating point "integers" ;-)  It made a BIG difference.  The
basic version now runs faster than some C versions!!  The program is at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/programs/E-TESLA5.ZIP

The version 5.2 speed fix is the only change from version 5.11 that had
trivial changes from version 5.10.

Jeff mentioned fancy plotting but the BASIC version is really meant to be
"basic".  I find that importing the output files into MathCad or Excel
gives you the tremendous 3D plotting power of those big programs.  "i"
could never touch that level of plotting sophistication...

The program seems very stable with all the later changes being trivial
programming wise.  There is one set of inputs Kurt found that will not run
under 3 three but runs fine under level 5.  I will look into that.  If the
program gives an error, be sure to carefully check your inputs for being
physically possible and increase the accuracy level to fix it.  Apparently,
it is working extremely well these days ;-)))

Many thank to John Damm Soerensen and Finn for this giant speed improvement!!!

Cheers,

	Terry