[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Terry,

Someone on this list put together an .exe called Fieldplotter that takes
the output tables from E-Tesla 5 and converts the data table into a
grayscale .bmp "photo" of the field stresses surrounding the input
coil.

This data converter (or data visualization tool) was an AMAZING
aid in "seeing" the e-field of a prospective coil.

However, Fieldplotter is/was very buggy and does not work with
E-Tesla 5.1.

What's it gonna take to reinvent Fieldplotter until it's a reliable
software tool? I believe this type of program (one that takes
E-Tesla 5.1 data and creates .bmp file representing that data)
is very important in the evolution of advanced software
modeling of Tesla coils.

My programming days are long gone (cobol, fortran, etc.) but
I still want to see this project developed. If anybody is interested
and if Terry approves of this "add-on" approach to his program,
I'd like to spearhead the development (even if it means money).

Jeff Parisse