[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap and RFC Questions

when i started, i used salt water caps also. i used large mouth gallon
jugs(you can get them at restaurants, bars,and flee markets) i used
al.tape, the kind you use on duct work.
on the outside of the jug. then used salt water on the inside with a
layer of mineral oil on top, i used 3/4" copper pipe for the center
conductor. i set up as many as 11 together on a sheet of al. foil on my
coffee table, giving me a max of .05uf, each one was giving me .0042uf
or so.
i was using a 15-60 nst at the time.
the thing i noticed about capacitance with bottles is that the more
surface area of the conductors, the more capacitance. i tried using the
formula for figuring the capacitance of a bottle cap but my actual
readings where higher.  this was just my observation . email me if you
have questions and i have some pics.
marc