[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New static gap and vacuum motor

In a message dated 5/23/00 6:19:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  snip

 In my (medium power : ~5kW) static gap time, I had 30 gaps in series,
 and got the best results with 16 thou in each gap, for a total of 480
 thou. or 1/2 inch.

 My 1 cent

 cheers, Finn Hammer

 (wondering why you don`t just sync-mod the motor, and take controll of
 what is happening)

 > Thanks, Ed Sonderman

Finn, Thanks for the comments.  I presently have an async gap and have been
thinking about building a new sync gap.  There are a few folks out there
running as much power as I am (about 7kva) using an air cooled/quenched
static gap and reporting good results.  I thought I might try it first.  It
would certainly be easier to build.

Ed Sonderman