[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nylon bolts 4 sec.

Weazle,

I don't like to use nylon bolts to hold heavy resonators together because they
are not very strong.  I'll use fiberglass threaded rod if needed, but try to
use brass instead where non-ferromagnetic properties are required.  You can use
steel bolts safely to mount your topload to the resonator.  No high magnetic
flux to cause induction heating effects/losses up there.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility
<http://www.area31-dot-org>www.area31-dot-org