[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Neon Sign Transformer - Basic Questions

    I just got myself a neon sign transformer (9000v, 30ma) and want to make
sure I take care of it.  There seem to be sites about everything on tesla
coils so I was wondering if there were any about the anatomy of transformers
and how to rig up some protection for them.  Any information would be
helpful, such as how to de-pot and restore a fried transformer.  Also, on a
side note, I highly respect the talent of this group and was wondering what
you would recommend for a spark gap considering my input of 9kv and 30ma -
static, static vacuum, rotary?  Anyway - thanks in advance.

                            Justin