[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Another MMC capacitor?

Hello, Jim, Andy,

I currently use an MMC using .22µF 1250VDC polyester caps. I've lost one
cap out of 75 to a what appeared to be an over current failure, but I
expected it as I am only using 3 strings with a 12kV 60mA NST, and at
that it was only after a long run. Otherwise they have performed fine.
I'd go for it and buy the cheap caps, Andy.

-Grayson

On Sat, 20 May 2000 15:02:16 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> polyester aka Mylar, is quite lossy at RF (although very low leakage
> and
> fairly stable over temperature), and is unsuitable for a mmc
>
> ----------
> > From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Another MMC capacitor?
> > Date: Saturday, May 20, 2000 4:06 PM
> >
> > Original Poster: "Andy Cleary" <gemware2-at-dreamscape-dot-com>
> >
> > 	In my desperate attempt to find the perfect CHEAP MMC
> capacitor, I have
> > come across the following at the www.meci-dot-com website:

---

> > ----
> >
> >  .0068uF Polyester Film Capacitor
> > (Polyester Film)
> > Tolerance: 10%, 1KV, Mallory #: 160682K1000E
> > Mfg: MALLORY - Mfg Part #: 160682K1000E
> >
> > Part #: 192-0119
> > YOUR PRICE: $ 0.08
> >
> > Mallory's Datasheet can be seen at
> http://nacc-mallory-dot-com/pdf/films/160.pdf
> >
> > Would this cap be any good for an MMC?  I know metalized
> polypropylene is
> > better, but the price on these can't be beat!  Thank you for any
> feedback,
> >
> > -Andy Cleary

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.