[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: grounding problem

Hi Matt,

	If you live in a reasonably damp place where the ground is fairly
conductive, pounding a 4 foot rod into the ground should make a good
ground.  If you are just holding the rod close to the coil, it may be
detuning the coil do to the close grounded surface lowering the frequency
of the secondary system.  This is probably what is causing the shorter arcs.

Cheers,

	Terry