[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: some Ideas

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Monday, May 22, 2000 9:04 AM
Subject: some Ideas

>Original Poster: "Kevin D" <teslacoilfreak1-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
>Hello everyone,
>
>I was brainstorming for ideas on what I could do with my  coil when it was
>finished and I thought that putting some kind of nozzle in my toroid and
>then connecting the nozzle to a bottle of inert gas via plastic tubing
would
>produce some interesting results. Has anyone tried this? does anyone see
any
>problems or dangers?
>
>I was also thinking that I could connect the nozzle to a bottle of propane
>and then lighting the propane and turning on the coil would produce some
>real interesting effects.Has any tried this? I won't even ask about the
>dangers of doing this the dangers are real obvious.something  to be done
>outside!!

This would work quite well.. Flames are very conductive, so it would
essentially increase the size of your top load.

Why not make a nice propane/air burner (induced draft type).. There are
several simple designs using just pieces of pipe from the hardware store
that will produce very nice flames.  I built one for a furnace in about 2
hours, including the trip to the hardware store. (details at
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/lava.htm ).  Without much work, you can
make a burner that will produce 2-3 foot long flames. (Actually, with almost
no work, and feeding liquid, you can make a burner that will produce 10 foot
long flames, but it's highly fiddle intensive)

I wouldn't worry about flashback down the supply tube (no oxygen in the fuel
line, right?)