[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: toroid

Hi,

	The toroid has all of the charge on it's outer surface.  There is no
"voltage differential" inside the metal toroid so no energy can be stored
inside it.  People can even get inside of larger toroids with electronic
equipment and such.  Thus, what is inside the toroid has no effect on it's
capacitance.  You can fill it with air, water, vacuum and it will have no
effect.

Cheers,

	Terry