[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why Medhurst derived fr is approxiamlty correct and thetransmission line equation for the resoance frequency of a 1/4 wave helical resonator or Tesla coil.

" note to moderators, i will understand if you decide not to post this."

  i have been folowing this thread with great intriege. although i admit
that it is very thick reading for my limited intelegence. and that my
posted questions are considered uninformed by most.
 the two things that i visualize in this is that i have seen no mention
of  the natural frequncy of the earth itself, the shuman frequency of
7.8 hz surounds everything in our inerspace. therefor this freq. will
always act upon any resonant circut.
 also for trying to factor actual spark lengh using pure math. self c of
a coil or c of a top load i would think that it would fluctuate with the
capacitance of the atmosphere.
 in my lightnig capturing era, i never fired a rocket until the
atmosphere capacitance reached at least 15pf or above. i myself never
fire my coil in a lightning storm for the streamers set up a positive
zone that is to inviteing for the negative electrons in a lighting bolt
to follow.
 this can be ignored if wished but maybe if these where factored in
something might come out. as i have stated before i am electronicaly
chalenged but my powers of visualation are far supirior then most. i
also know that the first gigasecond of breakout does not come from the
top wind of the secondary but from the bottem winding, then the power
folds over itself like turning a sock inside out.  thus the end of the
stramer is from the last turn that has allways been charged to to same
potential all along.