[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

3-phase filter hookup

Hey guys,

Hopefully a simple question here. I've got my coil setup now in this new
house and everythings ready to fire up (when I do it will be the first time
since last July in MN). Anyway, I installed a 30A line filter (3-phase) in
the control mod replacing the one I blew a 1/2" hole in on my last run in
MN (went out with a bang!). I would like to make this a bit more robust if
possible. So, I think I could bus L1, L2, L3 together hooking up one hot to
the bus and the other hot to N (neutral). This is a 220V system (btw) with
2 hots and a ground.

So,will paralleling the original filtering per leg increase current
carrying capabilty? I think it will but it may also change the filtering
frequency. Thought I'd throw this past anyone with a bit of knowledge on
the 3-phase filters.

Thanks,
Bart