[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unwanted LC

Hi Dan,

You may want to check out the following...

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/papers/primarycircuits/pricir.html
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/papers/spark1/sparkgap.html
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/papers/rcfilter/rcfilter.html
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/papers/rlcfilter/rlcfilter.html
http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/Filter.jpg
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/NSTFilt.jpg

I would NOT consider the use of inductors.  Resistors and capacitors
provide excellent noise filtering.  The last URL above is my favorite for a
15kV/60mA neon system.  The parts are from Digi-Key.  This, and putting a
fast fuse on the NST input, should fully protect the NST against everything.

Cheers,

	Terry