[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Unwanted LC

Greetings Tesla Fans!

I have gotten differing advise on RF protection from what I call two
reliable sources. One says to use RF chokes and RF bypass capacitors. The
other says use either/or but not both at the same time. The reasoning
behind the second advice is that the L from the chokes and C from the
caps can set-up unwanted, destructive oscillations in the tank. Who is
right?

Right now my banked NSTs are only being protected by ~30 turns of 20-22
awg  magnet wire wound around a ~1.5 plastic tube. Does this sound
sufficient? I have never heard any "real" advice on RF chokes. Most of
what I heard said that winding them is really a shot in the dark, and
just about any inductance will work.

Thanks for input,

Dan
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!