[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New solid state pictures

> Original Poster: "R.E.Burnett" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>
>
> Hi guys,
>
> The subject of feeding a TC primary with RF from a switching power
> supply seems to frequently appear on this list.  Last month an oppotunity
> presented itself for me to try this out.  (Why let Alan Sharp and Terry
> have all the fun ;-)

    Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!! Great pics, Richie.  I'm developing my
own low-tech CW coil right now, which will utilize some little used arc-gap
technology from the turn of the century (the poulsen arc).  It's nice to know
some of the characteristics of sparks driven by half wave, fullwave, and
continuous sources.  I will be able to experiment with all three of these
forms with my current planned setup, and if I'm able to voice modulate it I
might get a taste of making my own waveforms : P
    Thanks again!
                --Mike