[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Searching for Electode Material

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Ryan Ries" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>
>
>         Hello, I'm looking for some better conductor for my air-blast gap
than
> what I'm currently using.  I have 1/4" steel bolts for electrodes right
> now, and I realize that steel is not good, but I can't find any copper or
> brass or aluminum bolts.  (Isn't brass just copper with a sodium hydroxide
> shell?)  Also, does anyone have any info on the conductivity/heat
> dissipation of zinc?
>
>         Thanks,
>                Ryan Ries
>                    http://spud.pureinsanity-dot-net

Hi Ryan ...

if there is a Home Depot or an "Ace" type hardware in your area  you should be
able to find brass hardware with no problem ...    ( Ive been in Graham Tx.  ;)
nice town )    if you really want good electrodes  check out the local welding
shops for tungsten electrodes    you may even get lucky enuf and see if
they have
any tungsten electrode "stubs" left from the TIG machine    for low to medium
powered coils  1/8th inch electrodes are useable    ....

Scot D