[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Propagation velocity in long helical coils.

Hi all,

I believe I have solved the propagation equation  numerically.
The surprising result is the velocity as a function of wavelength repeats
with a similar form to a 1/2 wave resonance. In fact beating between the
coupling function and wavelength.
This produces several possible modes of propagation at least in very long
coils.
The effect should readily be detectable in a coil 15 diameters long and
in the progression of harmonics in a smaller coil i.e. the frequencies will
be  both higher and lower than a 1/4 wave progression with constant
dispersion. I will post the results when I have them tidy.

Sorry its only numeric I know this is not much better than simulation but
diabolical integrals are hard even for waveophiles.

Regards Bob