[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New coil parameters for check

	I am planning a new Tesla coil, to be shown at the Electrothon 2000
demonstration this June.  If you would take a glance at the following data
(Direct from Wintesla), I would be delighted to hear your comments.  The
only thing that I am concerned about is the small number of primary turns
required (4).  That is probably due to the low voltage, high current
transformer.  Is that low number acceptable?  I would also like the system
to be capable of using a pole pig in the (hopefully near) future.

Primary Transformer Output Voltage (VAC)
5000.0000
Primary Transformer Rated Current (AMP)
 0.6400
Primary Transformer Input Frequency (HZ)
60.0000
Primary Transformer Input Voltage (VAC)
115.0000
Primary Coil Inside Diameter (IN)
10.5000
Primary Coil Wire Diameter (IN)
 0.2500
Primary Coil Wire Spacing (IN)
 0.2400
Primary Coil Number of Turns
 4.2000
Primary Coil Angle From Horizontal Plane (DEGREES)
 0.0000
Secondary Wire Diameter (IN)
 0.0285
Secondary Coil Total Outside Diameter (IN)
 8.5000
Length of Secondary Coil (IN)
45.0000
Secondary Wire Gauge
21.0000
Secondary Turns/Inch
33.3333
Top Load Capacitance (PF)
32.9609
Sphere Radius/Toroid Tube Diameter (IN)
 6.0000
Toroid Diameter Tube Center-to-Center (IN)
25.0000

-Thank you again, I cherish your advice,

Andy Cleary