[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unused Winding Autotransformer Warning

In a message dated 5/2/00 4:07:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

 Robert,

 I can't agree with you here. I've been doing it for years (over 10kVA)
 and Bill Wysock has been doing it since I was a teenager! (up to
 100kVA!). All with series variacs as current control. Your comments
 suggest massive failure in the field and we just don't see that in the
 practical application of TC science.

 Jeff Parisse
 www.teslacoil-dot-com

Jeff,

Regarding the coils that you have built, do you find that the setting on the
ballast control variac, for best coil performance, is critical?  i.e. is
there a tight spot where the coil performs best or is there a wide range of
settings that work as well?

Ed Sonderman