[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Medhurst Download

Terry (All),

I noticed in a recent post regarding your download of the scan JPG images for
the Medhurst paper "H.F. Resistance and Self Capacitance of Single-Layer
Solenoids" that you made mention to possibly reducing the size of the full
download (8 MG currently).

Actually, if the images were in JPG format within the PDF file, the file itself
would actually be a bit larger. I took the liberty of downloading your images
and did a little magic to get them down to size while still trying to keep it
readible. I then put together 4 PDF files and zipped them up.

You can download the zip file (Medhurst.zip) at my download site below,

 <http://www.geocities-dot-com/classictesla/download.html>http://www.geocities.
com/classictesla/download.html

(go to the bottom of the download page)

It has been reduced to 817K (about 1/8th the download time). There are four PDF
documents within the zip (Med185.pdf, Med281.pdf, Med35-43.pdf, and
Med80-92.pdf). You may want to throw these up on your site to reduce space and
increase download times. Of course, it's available to everyone who wants to
download it now. Quality could be increased but I would need to actually rescan
the original documents (which I don't have).

Bart