RE: Source for capacitors

Steve:
I just purchased 100   .047/1600 metal polys from Dave McKinnon of D&M Hi
Voltage in Florida. His price is reasonable too. Check his web site:

<http://home-dot-netcom-dot-com/~davmckin/DMsIndex.htm>http://home-dot-netcom-dot-com/~davm
ckin/DMsIndex.htm

The ONLY problem is that the caps (white rectangular brick-like blocks) have
kind of short leads. So when you poke them through the perf board, there isn't
too much to hang the 100MB resistor and the jumper onto.

You'll need a small tweezer like needle nose to manage the bending and crimping
before soldering.
Otherwise, no problem.
I'm putting 20 per 5x7 perf board from RadioShack and then paralleling the 5
boards to get .0117mf at 32KV for my 15KV/60 NST.

Hope this helps.

Ted R.

Subject: Re: Source for capacitors

Ok but where specifically can I buy 100, .047uF -at- 1600 ? I looked at the
Mallory site, but does anyone know if they have a minimum order, and what they
charge for 100? 200?
Thanks

Rosenthal (by way