From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 2:36 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: dc rotary motor

Original Poster: "bob golding" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi All,
    Thanks for the feedback. Upon looking closer at the motors, of which I
now have two, I found another centrifuge, I  have discovered that they are
in fact AC brush motors, not DC as I first thought so I should be able to
just run them using the variac shouldn't I .? I am a bit unclear about the
wiring. I seem to remember something about feeding the field coils with the
full voltage, and the armature with the variable voltage. As this might be
getting off topic please reply off list.

cheers
bob golding