Bottle caps

This sounds kind of dumb, to me anyway, but are you able to use plastic
bottle caps and glass bottle caps together in series?  In my tesla coil
setup i have 3 glass bottle caps and 1 plastic bottle cap.  When i turned
the power on the plastic cap was discharging but the glass were not.  Is it
because of the plastic caps higher capacitance.  I also took the plastic
cap out of the picture but the glass caps still were not firing.  I see no
design fault.  I have a glass rootbeer bottle with a half of a aluminium
can and a 3 in. screw in the middle.  12kV-at-30mA trans.  I just don't
understand it, maybe it's something i am just overlooking.  You know the
most obvious solution is the best answer.

http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com