Re: PVC Drying

I've never used anything but PVC pipe for my secondaries.  I have never
"prepared" a PVC coil form except to scrub it thoroughly with an abrasive
pad and hot, soapy water to remove ink, dirt, oil, etc.  I have never
suffered a secondary failure.  PVC is already an excellent insulator.  I
don't think a few mils of dried shellac or varnish is going to improve it
very much.

I do coat my secondaries with clear spar varnish after winding to lock the
turns in place and to give a nicer finished appearance.  I think the clear
coating also makes the coil a little more resistant to rough handling and
easier to keep clean.

My $.02 worth.

Greg