Re: sync motor question

At 11:24 PM 7/29/00 -0400, you wrote:
>terry,
>thank you for the good news, i forgot to put in that this motor uses a
>10mf cap also. will this hurt my plans any? i also checked the solid al.
>disk pulley on it for shaft runout and came up with less then 001"
>runout, will i have to shim this any tighter?

I "think" that is fine.

>i did a quick pulley ratio check and this thing spun the blower at
>11,720 rpm, though the motor is a small dia. 3.75" do you think that
>this would be an indication that the bearings will take maybe a 8" disk?

Any motor bearing should be able to easily handle a spinning disk.  Only
problem would be if the motor is old and the bearings are already gone.
You may want to shim the rotor shaft of the motor to get ride of any
excessive end play too.  You don't want the shaft moving in and out very
much or the gaps will be hard to set.

Cheers,

	Terry