Re: SRSG motor power

Hi Bill,

Just a quick clarification:

Tesla list wrote:
"""
Original poster: "Bill Lemieux" <gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com>

> Are you planning on building a crattle or stationary adjustment for the
SRSG?

I'm not sure I understand you- are you asking if I intend to make the
stators adjustable?  The gap space will certainly be adjustable, but not
while the thing is running- I felt it would be too complex for the big walls
of phenolic that form the stators. Note that there are holes in the stator
(around the shaft) allowing the thing to act as a centrifugal blower, which
ought to help cooling a bit.
""""

I'm just talking about a built-in method to adjust the firing point along
the AC half cycles when using a sync gap. This of course can be done at the
disk-to-motor shaft placement, but this is trial and error. Some of the
coilers who have built cradles simply move the motor itself in the cradle
to make this adjustment - and some do it while the system is running.

It's just a thought for you if you haven't considered it,
Bart